A while back I put up pictures from about this same angle showing a whole bunch of piles dangling in the air. Those have since been chopped off and we have been placing 80 tons of reinforcing. The weird tan color is this lame cardboard that the engineers want to create a void between the concrete we will pour and the bay mud (clay).
As you can tell 80 tons of rebar can get congested in an 85' x 141' box.
Below are pictures from the Gym we are building. Again, the reinforcing is absolutely crazy on this project.
This crazy contraption runs the gravel into the gym, which is below the reinforcing in the picture above. The guys who operate these things are pretty amazing with reaching into very tight spaces. Fun to watch!
2 comments:
Very cool. I can picture you with your face glued to the window just like when you were 5 years old. You were meant to do this!
oh, man, okay well, your work is cool, lee, but allie: what's this--you popping up on the blog out of nowhere?? I wish you would have been in Kaysville too. I miss you lots. I am so sad I never got to find you when you were in Utah. But you'll be coming out for your REAL best friend's wedding, right? (I'm getting married in August--reception will be the weekend of the 23rd) Anyway, fun to see your blog-thanks for visiting mine. Happy Birthday last month! Happy Bay Area! I love the Coopers!!
Post a Comment