Sunday, September 7, 2008

First time together...



Memorial Day weekend Lee and I went camping with some friends (Jake, Rachel, Chris, Jenny and baby Kate) up to Mt. Diablo. It was a really fun time. We had never been “camping” other then the Cooper Cabin (the Cooper style of camping), so this was going to be a fun experience. We did have to borrow all of the supplies, except for our queen air mattress, which was a must!

We were pretty lucky on this trip. Lee and I made it just in time to be the last ones through the gate to the park before they closed at sundown. Then we were lucky enough to see the sun set just as we got to the top. Then we were lucky enough to have been late enough that we missed all of the flies from earlier in the day. Then we were so lucky to have such good friends who provided all of the food AND who waited to eat dinner until we got there. Then we were so lucky that it was perfect weather! I didn’t even put on a sweatshirt the whole time. Then we were so lucky that clean up went fast and we still had the rest of the day to get things done.

Even though it was only a 14 hour camping trip, it was perfect for us!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I love that in the picture in the tent, you can tell just how thick your air mattress is by looking at how high you are off the ground...

I'm still not sure this qualifies as camping.

Jenny said...

cute pictures! i'm glad you guys made it through the gate in time!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your first real camping trip together! We agree that the air mattress is a must.