We started out the month by running the San Ramon Bah Humbug 5K. It was nice to finally find a race NOT on a Sunday! It was Lee’s first 5K! We showed up about 10 minutes before the start and still needed to check-in…cutting it a little close! But we had a fun time running it. And we got some sweet long sleved shirts from it! We didn’t stay and hang around after the race, so it was fun to have a surprise in the mail on day. I guess I get to add it to the box (they are no longer in a bucket).
Even though we were not home for Christmas we still wanted to get a tree. We found this “perfectly round” tree and just loved it. Our friends were jealous that we had a real tree.
We mostly just worked and worked. Oh, and somehow squeezed some shopping in.
Then it was off to
We had a lot of fun in
We had a great Christmas Eve with the family. And a wonderful Christmas. It was nice to be with family and to share memories together. The Passey family Christmas party was also a hit. My aunt had a really fun “random facts” game about each person. And my uncle taught us some great country line dances.
We had the great opportunity to go and do baptisms for the dead at the SL temple. Almost all of us went (Claire had to work, and Brent and Amber could not make it). I had never done them there, so it was a new experience. For sure a highlight of the trip. (Funny that we didn't get a picture with the temple in it...)
We were also so happy that we were able to see Jenna and Tyrel. It was sure nice for them to make it all the way from NJ. We just need to keep our schedules the same for coming home, so that way we can always see each other. The sad part is that we all cram so much in that there is little time to just relax.
We were also able to sneak up to the
Thanks to mom for really yummy food the entire time. And for Ann for supplying movies at any hour. It was nice to see everyone. Unfortunately we did not take very many pictures, but I did somehow get one with my neice
We came back on the 29th. And both worked the 30 and 31st.
And that is basically December for now...






4 comments:
How fun...yes we were jealous you had a real tree!! Brent decided to get rid of our ghetto fake tree so we are bound to buying a real one next year! :)
I'm so glad we were able to meet up!
Yay! I've been waiting for you to post something! It really makes me happy!
Back to the grind of things right?
By the way - my next trip to Utah will likely be in Juneish - I'll keep you posted :) Later!
PS I was telling Ty how good and cute you look! He said he forgot how tall you were!
I can't believe that the highlight of your Homecoming trip was not Building Legos with Drew. How could you let that slip by. Good food, good company, and spending an entire night on the floor with an 8 year old. Some things money can't buy....
Post a Comment