Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Simple

I received a sewing machine when I graduated from BYU, but sadly I have not used it until last week. Living in a one bedroom apartment I don't really like to have "extra" things out, so I have never took it out of it's box. Sad huh?!



My mother-in-law has had fabric that she has been saving up for baby blankets and asked if I wanted to come and sew one. I have not sewn in years, and this was a simple project for me to figure out how my machine works, and to maybe start doing some projects. It was great to finally get the machine out (which I love by the way) and do something productive!!

I have a few other projects that I need to get done so it will be living on the kitchen table for who knows how long.

3 comments:

ariel said...

i'm so jealous! i wish i had a sewing machine... and someone to teach me how to use it :)

Christi Pobst said...

Your project looks great! How fun! What are the other projects you have coming?

Jenni said...

long story short...we(rod aka: Anziano Sclater & I ) found your blog through Amber & Brent's blog (who are meeting us for the first time tomorrow for dinner at our house. Brent will be attending the same med school as Rod has been.) We were looking at some of their photos & Rod was dead set that he knew that face (that face being Anziano Coopers) Rod was super excited he declared "I LOVE THAT GUY!" so with that...just dropping in to say hello! Hope all is well.