Wednesday, July 8, 2009

race.

It was a big debate 5K? 10K?

5K won

Lee entered the local 4th of July 5K this year. After watching me run the 10K last year I told him he should run next year. Little did we know that I would be unable to run in it with him this year.
Lee was willing to try the 10K, but I wanted him to like me after running the race, so we signed him up for the 5.

Probably a good thing we did because wake boarding the day before made him just a tad bit sore.


Happy Lee at the starting line.


At the finish line.

Lee did really well. We just need to have him not start behind all the walkers. It took him forever to get past them all. I told him he needs to be more aggressive. Push if he has to. But he is too nice. I'm sure he was saying excuse me as he was trying to get around.


And yes, he was still happy after the race.
And yes, we did have to have the firecracker popsciles.
And yes, he might just do another.

Sure love you Lee.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

way to go lee! the food at the end is what keeps me excited about 5Ks. that and the tshirt.

Jenna said...

and yes - lee looks like a very happy little boy! ha ha!

Great work Lee! I really am impressed.

Love the picture of the 5K vs.10K.

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Congrats Lee! Haha, well done. You look so happy at the end there! Welcome to the world of running. :) I hope the baby is happy and healthy! Miss you guys.

Wendy said...

You'll be addicted before you know it Lee. Mark my words :).

Katie said...

WAY TO GO LEE JAY!! ;) hahaha! I love those pictures!! the fireworks popsicle with that smile is CLASSIC!! love it!!