Tuesday, October 27, 2009

COWABUNGA!

I know Halloween is not for a few more days, but I could not resist showing off Zachary in his Halloween costume! He wore it to the ward party on Saturday and was SO SO cute! (I'll post more pictures from the "trunk or treat" later.)

Lee had picked out what Zac was going to be in May-yes, before he was even born! I don't think he had to think twice about it. (I might have been the one who thought twice about it.)
How was I going to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume for a 2 month old? Well, somehow I pulled it off...even with pieces that were removable for easy diaper changing, car seat riding, and sleeping. (I thought I did pretty good for not being much of a seamstress.)


Introducing...

Leonardo
(aka: Zachary)

Look at that high kick!

Zac as of lately LOVES to stand.
He has the strongest legs ever!

He looks like a true leader of the pack here...huh?

Dad even made him some katanas.
How cool is that?

He was one tired turtle.
(This picture shows off how everything comes off.
Oh, even the blue bands on his legs come off.)

He is just so much fun!
We think he is such a cutie.

Turtle Power!


14 comments:

Claire said...

How funny I am being a teenage mutant ninja turtle as well, although I am Red. Runs in the family.

Sarah said...

k that is the swweettest halloween costume I have ever seen. I can't believe you MADE it!! Wow. I need to employ you next year. Once 1082 gets four boys (this may take a while) we should each have a ninja turtle.

Keros Lowder said...

Wow, Allie!!! That's really impressive. I didn't realize that it would look this good. And he is so cute. I wish I could take him trick or treating.

Sara Passey said...

that's awesome! We just watched the original movie from when we were little...he looks very authentic!

Ann said...

YOU ARE AMAZING! Not to mention my nephew is ADORABLE! Can he please wear that to my wedding?! Please! Or at least bring it with you when you come!

Coopers said...

Claire, I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Oh, and Ann really wants Ninja Turtles at the wedding, so you might need to bring yours too!

Ann Maire, what is this...no faith?

Jenny said...

that turned out great! i'm impressed.

Wendy said...

Wow Al! He looks great! Looks like you figured out the shell conundrum after all.

Jenna said...

OH MY GOODNESS! COOLEST BABY COSTUME EVER! I am so impressed Allie! You realize you have to top that next year somehow. haha. i expect it now!

Brent and Jessica said...

I cannot believe how he stands on his own! So cute! I seriously think he will walk super early...definetly, will NOT take after Colby in his mobility skills!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah. i had to look at this again! and show it off to tyrel. what a cutie! I am so sad we can't just hang out together us and our boys :(

Jeff said...

AHH! where did you find that?! i could not find Asher a good costume ANYWHERE! he is being a monkey!

Amber said...

Cute costume! Adorable Zach. You are so talented Allie! Way to go. Hope you guys had fun last night :)

Heidi said...

Holy cow! You are making all the rest of us look bad :) That is the most awesome little costume I've ever seen!