Tuesday, August 24, 2010

summer run

Races on Saturday are very hard to find out here.
Since finishing running at BYU I have only ran
about two races a year.
One every July and the other every December.

We ended up finding 5k race down by Stanford last Saturday.
And I decided it might be fun to go and do it.
I ended up running 19:27.
And was the second woman.
I was happy I improved from the 4th of July race.
Seeing that I have never done a speed workout since BYU,
I was happy I was under 19:30.

It was a pretty course.
There was a mile on a path through a golf course.
And then about a mile on a dirt path.
And the last mile was on road.

It was fun to do a different race.
I just wish that next time I can have someone to run with.
Any takers? :)





Watching the dogs. Zac loves dogs.
He has to run up to any dog he sees.










I just love my boys.
Thanks for cheering for me!

4 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

Way to go!! Running that fast seems like an impossible feat right now. It took me a long time after my first baby to get fast(ish) again - but your baby is still way young and look at you! Superwoman!

Jenna said...

That's great! No workouts? I'm super super impressed!
And That's crazy that there are no saturday races. try runningintheusa.com and you can find close things. wanna do a labor day race with me? :)

Ann said...

It has been so fun to catch up on your whole month at one time! You guys are SO cute! Congrats on the race, and for having the cutest kid on the planet. Oh, and I LOVE the family pic on zach's birthday with the balloons; SO ADORABLE.

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Well done! Nice!