April, May, and now JUNE!
The blog has been on the back burner.
So here is a little update:
Lee
Lee is no longer on two projects. But unfortunately for all of us they took him off the closer of the two. Booo. So now he has a "lovely" commute. We loved having him close! Lee is working on a college in the south bay. It's about a two year project. He just hit his 5 year mark with his company in May.
When he has the time lee has been working on little projects around the house. It's nice that he is a handy man (or in his words "too cheap to pay someone to do it"). Our house is getting a little more done, but slowly. Our kids like attention. So they usually win. :)He had been enjoying his calling as the 12 & 13 year old Sunday school teacher, but about a month into it, he got called as the Scout committee chair. We laugh, but not really, because scouting is not one of his favorite things. On top of that he is going to be teaching the teacher training class. Now he just has the fun part of figuring out what he is really supposed to do in both callings.
He has done a great job at taking care of us. The kids (and I) love it when he is home. He may get them all wound up, but that's what dads are for, right?
Allie
I'm just doing "mom things." I feel like some days I don't get much done, but everyone is fed, alive and happy. I have been enjoying the running trails by our house. The kids and I had been making it out almost everyday, until I needed to take off about two weeks because my heel was hurting.
The warmer weather has been super nice. There are lots of parks close by, so part of our days is usually picking on of the parks by our house to walk to.
I would love to work on extra things (like decorating, sewing, or sometimes just cleaning a room) but having Jane crawling and Zac getting bugged by her finding his toys, not much gets done. I have tried to get a little more involved in our ward. Park days have been a good weekly socialization. A month into moving here I thought Relief Society. And then I was called into Young Women's as the Beehive adviser (I was the Laurel adviser on my last ward). I actually will be helping with the Laurels (they are a bigger group) for a few months while the YW president heals her back from a horseback riding accident.
We are joining a little joy school group in the fall for Zac, so I'll get to teach the little class every once in a while. It will be fun to get my teaching brain back on.
I'm excited for the summer to plan more activities and things for us to do.
Zac
Oh man. He probably needs his own post! That kid. He is a handful and headful lately. He wakes up at six. Yes, SIX, everyday and wants to get going. If the sun is up, so is he. There is no talking him out of it. It's "morning time!" He does not like to watch very much TV. I'm lucky if he will do a half hour a day (many days we don't even turn it on.) Why does he have to be like me!? It's nice that he is not obsessed with it, but sometimes you just NEED a break. Ha.
He has found the joy of his cars again (We did trains for a long time!). Now he lines them all up in lines and calls it traffic. He does not like anyone to move them. This causes a BIG problem with Jane. She LOVES his cars. And heads straight for them. We try to have him play up in his room, but what fun is that? The middle of the family room or hallways are the favorite places. We also play lots of traffic and parking with his cars outside in the back. He made a road all by himself with chalk that we would play on.
We have been working on peddling. He FINALLY got it! But he is supper slow and wont do it lots. I have been wanting to get him new shoes, but can't until he stops dragging his feet. His are SUPER bad. I feel like he is homeless wearing them.
He loves to talk. I need to start writing down some of the funny things he says. He makes us laugh all the time.
He loves the abc's. He knows all the sounds to all the letters and loves to stop at signs and say the letters and sounds. He thinks it is so funny when Jane says, "ah" like the letter A. Or when Jane says, "mmmmm" like what M. He thinks she really knows what letters she is saying and like to tell her what letter she is sounding like.
He is the worst. Worst. WORST. at going to bed. It takes a good hour some nights. He just always had something he needs to tell us, or that hurts, or whatever.
He has so much energy and is really fun. I just wish he would play better with other kids. It drives me crazy because he used to be this sweet boy, and now sometimes he is a pill. He will not share, he will grab toys, he will not give in! Oh and the holding his ground and not moving for people. Drives me crazy. I'm sure it's a 2/3 year old thing, but hopefully it changes soon!
He is super good at playgrounds. He can climb anything on them. Even the scary things. He does them all! It is crazy to see the difference from just the new year. And he had decided that he can now do the big swings. Why does he have to grow up?
Jane
Pretty much her monthly posts sum her up! She is a busy girl. Her and Zac have such a love/hate relationship. She could watch him all day. They laugh lots together. It's really cute.
She gets into everything. I have to have an eye on her at all times I feel like.
She is now balancing a little on her own. It is fun to see her get excited when she is not holding onto anything.
She LOVES the stairs. She made it all the way up them (15 stairs) without me knowing. Can you say scary?! She gets sad if I block them to go upstairs.
She does not like grass. I wish she did. Parks are getting harder with her because she just wants down to eat the wood chips. She will do the swings thankfully.
She is such a cutie. We can't believe how big and smart she is getting.
![]() |
| "Don't even think about touching my puzzle." The stare down. |
![]() |
| Love. |
![]() |
| Natalie and Jane. Friends showing up at the park in matching outfits. |
![]() |
| Sibling Love |
![]() |
| We laugh when we see our neighbors with these tiny garbage cans. We are impressed they only have that much garbage, but you have got to fill funny pulling that out to your curb. It's smaller then Z! |
![]() |
| I had to fix this before her brother woke up. |
![]() |
| Trip to Tildon Park. On steam train. |
![]() |
| Best Mothers Day Picture with the two of them. |
![]() |
| 2nd attempt. |
![]() |
| Picnic at park |
![]() |
| BIG boy! |
![]() |
| Towed his wagon all the way to the park. |
![]() |
| Typical. Zac with two drinks. Jane begging. |
![]() |
| Napping. |
![]() |
| Love him. |
![]() |
| Colored Parking spots. |
![]() |
| He doesn't even need money. |
![]() |
| First time out on the boat this year! |
![]() |
| Watching her brother throw rocks. She love him! |



























2 comments:
very nice catch-up. loved reading ever little bit of it & hearing more about you & Lee too - it's always tricky to remember to mention the adults in the blogs
Smiled at so many things with zac - yeah - I think there are 2/3 year old things that have changed our little boys a bit :)
sorry to hear about your heal - hope it's better. you have trails by you? awesome
Haha! I love that he lines up the cars and calls it traffic. We love playing with you guys even if the boys do have sharing problems. It definitely is an age thing.
Post a Comment