The kids had no idea what was ahead of them for a drive to Utah (to be honest we didn't either!).
We told them it would be a REALLY long drive to Grandma and Grandpa Passey's house,
but I guess they didn't believe us when Zac was saying, "are we there yet" a half
hour into the drive. We had a good few hours of hearing it every 10 minutes (until it died off to every 30 minutes). They pulled out the books around that half hour mark and Jane read them for a good four hours straight. (And then off an on throughout the drive.)
The only problem with books was she liked to throw them on the side by the door
so I couldn't reach them. Every time Lee opened the door to get her out a huge pile of
books would fall to the ground.
We only made stops for gas, and our last stop to get some dinner.
We were excited when we finally made it!
Some pictures of our drive:
Stopping at Love Lock
Sleeping kids (if only it would have lasted longer!!)
A silly Zachary.
Baby with view of Nevada.
And Jane reading away.
Nap times!! Sleeping kids are the best. :)
Jane LOVED the babies at Grandma's house.
She always had one (two or three) in hand.
Zachary was SO HAPPY to help Grandpa rake leaves.
He helped multiple times. He loved having his own little rake.
I don't know how much of a help he really was. :)
The morning we were leaving.
Grandpa came down in his flag shirt too.
2 comments:
So many things to love: The flag shirt trio is adorable. I love Zac whacking the tree to get more leaves, such a good helper. Johns hair is pretty amazing!
I love all the pictures of sleeping kids. They are so sweet when they sleep. I'm impressed Jane did so well on the drive. Good job!
Post a Comment