Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April: Zoo & Conference

April makes me happy.
Not only is it my birthday month (which makes it awesome) 
but we seem to always have some fun things going on. 
With a trip planned to head back East on the 11th-
 the beginning of the month flew by!

First Bike Ride this Year
We finally picked up a helmet that fits Jane. The kids had Lee on the bike
before he even got in the door from work!

Oakland Zoo
We got a season pass to the Zoo. It is only a 25 minute drive
and seeing how our kids always have to be doing something-it seemed like
a perfect/easy outing for me to be able to do every once in a while.
In fact, this day we only hit up half the Zoo and had lunch there, but it didn't 
matter because next time we can hit up the other half.
Makes it easy for me to still get naps in, and I don't have to worry about "not getting
our money's worth."
I had to include these pictures the Z took of the elephants.
I asked him to take one of me and Jane with the elephants...
He was really good at getting the elephant in. :) 
Jane is at the perfect animal loving stage. She seems to enjoy
outings just as much as Zac. She was cute saying all the animals names.
 We got some free ride tickets, so we enjoyed the train ride 
and Z picked the car ride.  

Cute Kids
 I was seriously dying when Jane all of the sudden decided that she needed "knocks."
She sat there forever with her hand out saying, "Zacy knock. Zacy knock. Zacy knock."
Finally Z gave in and gave her a knock...
I love the no look.
Popcorn is a huge hit with this lady.
The kids think the "girl" at Old Navy is their best friend. 
They always need to hug her before leaving. They also love the dog.
 It takes a good 5 minutes to get them to leave the store.
General Conference Weekend
They started out Conference like this. Wished it lasted more then 5 minutes. :)
On our walk Z jumped off his bike and wanted a picture with these flowers. Pretty cute if you ask me.
Between sessions on Sunday we got some energy out by going on a little hike.

 I laughed when I saw this picture because I look like I cut my hair. 
I guess that is what I would look like with short hair.
Conference entertainment. Making up games for Z and I to play.
 Hard Core Kids
The wind picked up for a few days. The temperature was nice out, 
but it makes it hard to really want to be outside. 
This did not stop the kids from wanting to go out on walks and to the park...
Z is getting big for these ride on toys.
But he loves them!
I was super nice this day and let him take it to the school park.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I about died laughing at the kids hugging the little girl at Old Navy. Lucas always asks about her, and thinks she's real for the first little bit. I love Jane and Zac giving knocks. They are so funny.

Jenna said...

cute cute! loved reliving the instagram shots I'd already seen & the new ones! :) finally got helmets today for my boys. finally.

Claire said...

I like mother, like daughter. You always loved popcorn too.

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

LOVE the knocks. that's hilarious. Totally thought you cut your hair...haha.