Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Zachary starts Kindergarten

Riding his bike across the street to the school.
The Friday before school stated Zachary got to go to the school and meet his teacher.
He found out he was in room 602 with Mrs. Umeki. Zac was able to find his desk and got a little treat to take home. We walked around the room and found different stations. And even got to play with some of the toys. I think Jane might have been a little more excited about the whole experience because she got to play with the doll house. :)


August 25th. First day of Kindergarten!!


Zachary would be going to school at Altamont Creek Elementary everyday from 8:30-1:30. I was super excited for him to start, he was so ready, but nervous for him to be gone for so many hours. I didn't know how he would handle lunch and using a public bathroom (he does not do well with toilets in public places). When we got to his class they had all the kids doing a coloring page (he told Jane he would color it for her). The parents could wait around for about 10 minutes and then we left. He was ok with me leaving. After school he said he had fun. He told me "Mom there was a boy with a hot wheel light up backpack that never runs out of batteries!" "They have a surgery room at school." "There was so much traffic on the yellow twisty side! I loved it!" " I went to the bathroom four times, maybe five." "I just threw my other half of my sandwich away, but that ok, there are A LOT of trash cans!" He was excited to go again the next day!    
 


1 comment:

Jenna said...

the quotes are SO great! I love his eyes all looking up in his front porch pictures - just perfect fit for a "first day" sort of thing.
And yes, that is a long kindergarten! That's like an almost full day! Whoa. (I think it turns out C wont have full day this next year - they didn't build on the cafeteria they require onto the kindergarten only school)