Today is a great day! My little cutie was a bit nervous about her first race in about two years. It was a little overcast and slightly cold. When she completed registration, I think the butterflies kicked into full gear. We walked over to the starting area and waited for the San Ramon 4th of July Fun Run to begin. Allie had committed to the 10k race and didn’t know how interested she was in running hard. I was told that she would probably just run normal. Well, to my surprise, at the 5k mark Allie was in 5th place overall, and the 1st placed woman in the race. The announcer must have heard her fans cheering so loud, that he announced this over the PA system and called her out by name and her time as she passed us. My pathetic husband heart couldn’t take the shock of Allie’s competitive nature kicking into gear and putting her into such a position in the race. I knew she wouldn’t give up her position to any other female racer, so I got even more excited. When she made the final turn onto the straight away, I knew she had victory. I believe that she finished the race in the 6th spot overall and 1st with respect to the women. She is my little 39 minute bullet! I love this girl to pieces and couldn’t be more proud. HAPPY 4th of July. Now I get to take her and celebrate her win with some fireworks! This is such a great day….super great day!




3 comments:
Allie you freaking rock!!!! Way to go! That's so awesome you won- I am so not suprised!
You need to train me now:) p.s. Lee you are so sweet how you talk about Allie- you to are the cutest couple- Love you both!
Lisa Wright (at Crocketts house)
Game night this week- you in?
Atta girl Al! Someday we need to re-claim the K-Town 4th record. I'll let you win.....but only if you're blind :)
Love your guts!
And Lee, you get at least 10 points for this post.
Nice Job, Sister! And your husband is adorable!
Post a Comment