Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Urb

First off, yes, I have a facebook account. Second, I hardly ever do anything with it (pictures are proably long over due). Third, it is so random that I actually signed up for tickets...

On facebook the other day there was a post to win free Keith Urban tickets to either the SF or LA concert. I thought I needed to take advantage of where I'm living and try for some tickets. The next day they posted that the winners were listed. I was on the top of the list!! (Helped that my name is Allison, and that they went by first names.) I couldn't belive it! And I didn't. Who knows what scames go on on fb?? But they had a website you could go to, and you could email verizon (they were sponsering the tour) if you had questions. I guess a lot of people had questions about if it was "for real" that they did a commonly asked question thing and it sounded promising. Nothing to really loose right?

So, Lee and I took off last night for our Verizon VIP tour Keith Urban-No Frills. It felt so weird to actually be doing something on a week night for once. It was such a nice drive into SF. I couldn't belive it when I only saw 5 cars a head of us at one point on the freeway!! I guess you could say we made great time.

They said online that I'll I needed was to provide photo ID and I would be handed over two free tickets. Ha. I was laughing a little when I handed them my ID not saying anything and then they handed me back two tickets! IT REALLY WAS FOR REAL!


Lee with his free ticket!!

It was such a fun night!! It was totally a different concert then I have ever been to. It was in a smaller venue with no assigned seating. Only Keith Urban played at the concert, so it was really cool. I was surprised at how fast the two hours went and how talented he really is. He is so good at the guitar! It was amazing. And I never saw him play the same one for any of the songs! All of the band members got new ones after each song. He was really a good performer!! And I do love his music. Plus, he really does have very nice hair.





Overall we went away really happy. It was one of the most random things we have done. All for only $5.00 for parking (Can you belive that?? And in SF!) It was hard to think that it was even real. We are so so happy we went.


Gotta love country. And I do.



Next up...K-Chez.

6 comments:

MKS said...

you guys look so cute and stylish in these pics. that is so cool you got free tickets

Ann said...

I love, love, love when you do things on a whim, with absolutely no investment or expectations! That's usually when things are the most fun!

The pics are totally cute. :) My sisters really are the cutest.

Jenny said...

no way!! that is so fun you lucky ducks! kenny chesney will be SO fun too! i keep hoping to make it to a tim and faith concert before they retire...

Wendy said...

Awesome! Way to be a winner!

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

You are so lucky!! That is fantastic! I love Kieth Urban. Like really. Glad you guys got to go to that. I might believe some of those online things now...

Danielle said...

That's so lucky!! So fun!