Monday, June 15, 2009
Are you kidding me?
I am humbled by many of my wife's talents. Today's realization hit a little deeper! She has been telling me that she can't wait to finally WATCH me run a race (4th of July). I finally let her know I will be running, but I need her help to determine if I could survive a 10k. I ran the Bah Humbug 5k and thought it was "ok"(basically, I didn't die). What I realized today was that she ran the 10k one year ago in the same time it takes me to run my usual 3.8 mile loop. How pathetic am I? I like to think I am doing pretty good for just starting (running) last Labor Day weekend, but I am reminded that she is 8 months pregnant and running that same 3.8 mile loop at "my" pace. I am always THRILLED when her heart rate monitor rings and I get to walk until her HR drops back down, which, in my mind, is never long enough!
Basically, my wife can kick my trash in just about everything, even at 8 months pregnant! Maybe someday I will be able to out-do her in something...maybe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good Luck. That's really all I can say. I feel your pain. When we went running I kept thinking things like, "I'm pretty sure that heart rate monitor should be going off. Really."
Remember how we stopped and looked at bikes while she ran another mile? Yep. Good Luck.
Your awesome Allie!! :)
This is hilarious! Just so you know, I am thoroughly enjoying reading through your blog :) Allie, you are teeny tiny pregnant!!! Wow, if I could look like you while pregnant.. I would be ecstatic!!!
Brooke, we want to check out your blog too! Can you add us to your list?
Post a Comment