After going to his first country concert, Lee was more then willing to try another. Lucky me!
We purchased the tickets at the end of March. I had been a little worried for months that we were going to have to give them away because I had this envision of me being HUGE and unable to even walk up the stairs to our seats (which I knew were up, Up, UP, there!). Again, along with the DC trip, I had to laugh. Because even with this baby due in two weeks I have been able to do pretty much anything I want with out much discomfort. I have been gratefully blessed in that I have had NO back pain, NO swelling, I sleep great (just a few bathroom trips), and NOTHING stopping me from going in public to a country concert!!
Anyways, so we decided to drag our friends Brent and Jessica with us. Before hand we went to dinner at Buca Di Beppo. A special thanks to Jessica reminding our spacey waitress that we were celebrating “Lee Cooper’s” birthday, we were able to embarrass him with a candlelight rendition of happy birthday. We were all pleasantly surprised at the yummy confetti cupcake that we all helped him devour (even after having been so full)!
Then it was off to the concert. We were totally bummed to find out that SugarLand was not going to be performing that night because the lead singer had lost her voice. But Kenny did not disappoint. (Ann, no worries—“She thinks my trackers sexy" was song just for you! Dad would be pleased.)
We had a lot of fun! The weather was perfect and the company was great. We were just glad that the drunk guy did not fall on top of us, and that it was just the group of girls next to us. We would have not been too happy about that, but they got over it fast--luckily. I guess there is nothing like having a good time drinking water from the water bottle you brought!
Overall amazing show!
Thanks Lee for taking me for your "birthday"!






3 comments:
First off - a happy birthday to Lee!
You guys are really getting into these concerts. I can't tell you how much I would love to just have one nice country radio station out here - there are none. Feel free to send some cd's my way :) jk
Will be calling you soon!
Two Kenny concerts?! Yeah, went to one my Freshman year...he is a fun one to watch for sure! And Lee, happy birthday! And I love that you guys went to Anthropologie, that makes my night. day. week.
Sounds like you guys had a great time! And I love Beppos - great food!
Post a Comment