*"I am not much of a dog person."
I don't like them licking me.
Touching me with their nose.
The hair.
The barking.
Scaring me when I run.
Breathing on me.
Yuck.
But...
My son is!
I can't not believe how much this boy LOVES dogs.
No joke.
EVERY dog that we see he has to go run to it.
And then touch it.
And let it lick him all over.
(He doesn't even flinch when they lick him on the face!)
He gets so excited that he has to sit down.
He starts doing his excited "scream."
That usually gets the dog going.
And then he wants to grab them.
He likes to get their tails.
Put his hand in their mouth.
Pick them up.
You name it.
I think he loves them so much because he has never
met a mean dog.
I find it amazing that every person that has
let him touch and play with their dog,
the dog has been so so good with little kids.
They don't care what he does with with them.
I hope this is just a stage...
or he might just have to find a friend with a dog,
because there is no way we are getting one.
(I really hope I don't have to bite my tongue later.)
I don't like them licking me.
Touching me with their nose.
The hair.
The barking.
Scaring me when I run.
Breathing on me.
Yuck.
But...
My son is!
I can't not believe how much this boy LOVES dogs.
No joke.
EVERY dog that we see he has to go run to it.
And then touch it.
And let it lick him all over.
(He doesn't even flinch when they lick him on the face!)
He gets so excited that he has to sit down.
He starts doing his excited "scream."
That usually gets the dog going.
And then he wants to grab them.
He likes to get their tails.
Put his hand in their mouth.
Pick them up.
You name it.
I think he loves them so much because he has never
met a mean dog.
I find it amazing that every person that has
let him touch and play with their dog,
the dog has been so so good with little kids.
They don't care what he does with with them.
I hope this is just a stage...
or he might just have to find a friend with a dog,
because there is no way we are getting one.
(I really hope I don't have to bite my tongue later.)
This was a dog at the picnic...

Zac could not stay away.
He was letting him lick him all over.
Twice he tried to bite his tail.
He was so excited.
(He kept on having to sit down from excitement.)
He was even giving him kisses.
Oh boy!
Zac could not stay away.
He was letting him lick him all over.
Twice he tried to bite his tail.
He was so excited.
(He kept on having to sit down from excitement.)
He was even giving him kisses.
Oh boy!
(I don't *hate them. I will pet them. And get close.
But right after I must wash my hands.
Don't get me wrong, some puppies are cute.
I think it's really the licking and smell.
Right Shauna?)
6 comments:
hahahah i loved this post.
SO SO GROSS.
I am totally not a dog person either but Aubrey gets way excited too. I agree though, it doesn't make me want to get a dog.
i 100% agree with you. thats cute Zac likes them so much though.
A. Shauna, I don't know who you are, but your post was uh-mazing.
B. Please stick to your guns, Allie. Don't ever get a dog. Ever.
dito. I agree with you completely. Not my favorite things for the reasons you listed plus the pooping thing and how you have to let them out in the middle of the night, etc.
His excitement sounds adorable though.
You know that I will beg to differ. My sanity for months was based on a dog named Molly. Now I know I didn't live with her, but she sure thought I was great....and I used to go home just to visit her.
Post a Comment