So, pictures don't do some of the work justice,
but here are some before and afters of the house.
You can see that there is still work to do
in the "after pictures."
(And don't mind the lighting. I took all pictures at 8:00
in the morning on a rainy day.)
Decorating or at least hanging up something on the
walls will happen...someday. :)
I figure the pictures speak for themselves.
I figure the pictures speak for themselves.
LIVING/DINNING ROOM
The living room/dinning room was a big undertaking.
There was no flooring in it when we got the house.
The walls were all a "cream pink."(like the entire house!)
Wallpaper needed to come down.
And the chandeliers needed to be changed.
But first off the banister (both sides) needed to be sanded down and re stained.
They had a lovely dog (I'm sure) that did some beauties to some
things in the house. Because of sanding and staining we needed to have the completed before
painting and flooring. It was Lee's first time staining. And I think he did a wonderful job!
The lights on the side of the dinning room are not really "us" but
they were not something we were going to undertake at the time.
(They are probably #115 on the list to fix on the house.)
Like I mentioned earlier we rented some scaffolding and did the two rooms over a weekend!
Everything was primed, and painted with two coats.
I washed the curtains they had up, but I'm not sure what I really want to do with it all yet.
Things to still do:
We still need to do paint the front door white (it is cream as of now).
One day own a piano that will be in our living room.
Oh, and maybe a couch or chairs? Right now it is play room #2
Decorate (it's going to be on every list).
| Before |
| After |
1 comment:
i totally understand what you mean when you say pics don't do justice. They really don't show the grime & details of before & after.
LOOKS GREAT! I had no idea you had such open space! beautiful banisters! Just lovely
Post a Comment