I going to start with our everyday activities and hopefully get up the Halloween fun soon!
Like I mentioned in the September post, I was going to be teaching Z's preschool for two weeks. Sadly I don't have any pictures to document the fun. Lets just say it was a busy two weeks! Lots of planning and gathering things. I had a lot of fun coming up with things to teach , J, K, L, purple, orange, rectangle, diamond, 3 and 4. I had some really cute crafts that the kids did. And it was fun to get my teaching brain back on (but boy it is tiring!). The kids are way cute and it has been super fun to be able to watch Zac learn and do new things.
I was surprised at how well Zachary did with having school at our house. He was a million times better then I was expecting with sharing his things and also not hanging on me for everything. He is the youngest out of the group and it shows a little in his ability to write and do parts of some crafts (nothing that a little time and practice wont help with). But I'm not going to lie, I happily handed over the bucket of school stuff. It sure is nice to get a break a few times a week. :)
I have a super nice visiting teacher who just volunteered to watch Jane everyday while I taught. She also has a little Jane who is about 5 months younger then our Jane. They enjoyed walks and Jane really loved their cat. It was super thoughtful of her, and so nice to just focus on the preschool kids.
Like I also mentioned in September post I was heading to the doctor for my foot/shin problems. Well after going to the doctor four different times! We think we have it all figured out. The MRI that I had done on it did not show a stress fracture! YAY! So, it looks like it is a muscle that needs to be stretched out more and a new orthotics . If that does not solve the problem I'll try some physical therapy. I was super happy it was not bone! So here is to slowly getting back into shape. I have been running just a few times and I sure missed it!
Another fun "event" of the month was finally going to the DMV to get my drivers license renewed. When we were getting Jane's passport done in May I was informed that it had expired. And I had no idea! I was glad they still went through being able to get Jane's passport done. So 6+ month later I finally made an appointment (after having to reschedule a few times) to come to find out a had forgotten to press the confirm button! I was frustrated! The line was out the door in the rain for non appointments, so my only choice was to go back home and schedule another one. I was lucky enough to get one in less then 5 days away. So I finally am legal to drive. (A good things for our upcoming trip to Utah.)
We have been progressing slowly on the backyard. Picking buckets and buckets of rocks out the dirt. Zac has been our little helper at dumping the rocks onto the side yard. It has been slow work, but we now have our planters made and we just need to level it all out. Hopefully we can do all the before the rain hits!
Lee has been lucky enough to get asked to teach the Family History class at church. And has just started week one of the five weeks. He is glad he is sticking to the basics seeing how he really knows nothing. Scouts has also kept him busy. Mostly in just trying to figure out what he supposed to do! The school he is working on is going well. There have only been a few changes of schedule when it has been rainy (of course they were days planned way far in advance for concrete pours that happened to land on rainy days). The kids like to get up bright and early (6:00) when Lee wakes up, and he is really good about taking care of them while he gets ready.
The kids have been really fun, but they sure know how to push each others buttons (and mine). They love each other, and can't handle if the other one is asleep when they are awake, but at the same time they drive each other crazy. Again, this school situation is a nice break for the two to be away from each other.
I think one of the cutest things they do is sing in the car. I have a CD of songs that they love to sing. Jane knows many of the words or (sounds of words) to most of the songs and knows when to sing. It is unreal. Zac on the other hand sings at the top of his lungs and likes to control what songs we listen to.
Zac wakes up asking about what or where we are going that day. I always have to have a plan in mind of the day, or he can't handle it. He has been a helper with clearing his plate from the table and is still pretty good at helping clean up. He is really good at I spy books and loves to race you on them. He has found some new things to jump off of and new ways to go down slides. He has decided the dark is scary. He still loves cars and can be pretty imaginative with them. He LOVES to play with Jane. Really this involves him bossing her around and her just doing her own thing. He gets upset when she doesn't want to dance or play what he wants. We have been working on obeying the first time we ask, not the millionth.
Jane is still a book worm. I can find her reading most of the day. She also LOVES babies and stuffed animals. She is a sweet heart at always giving hugs and kisses. She is getting good at repeating many words and can communicate pretty well. Everyone is always surprised to hear she is only 14 months. She holds herself so well.
October 2
Crocs. :)
October 5
Playing in the front yard.
Jane is getting really good at riding the tricycle.
They thought this was so funny.
October 6
Conference fun!
I am always amazed that a 13 month old can
play trains so well.
Playing at the mall during Priesthood session.
They are happy even when the things are not moving.
Jane loves this step stool.
You can find her sitting or standing on it if she is in the kitchen.
Jane folds her arms better than Zac does for prayers.
Now she walks around the kitchen looking for food and folding her arms.
She is so smart.
October 8
Water break at the park.
Everyone has their own water bottles and they love them.
October 11
Jane is such a girl. At target she just wanted to play with the
dolls and try on shoes.
Yay! Something up on the walls!!
I made these canvas photos for Jane's room.
Zac ran into Jane's room when he heard her waking up from her nap.
He rushed in and put everything in her room in the crib.
He then came to me telling me that Jane just kept saying, "oh wow!"
Library time. I needed to pick up more books for preschool.
Jane found the big stuffed animals they have there and wouldn't
Winnie the Pooh down.
Zac shared the computer just for a few seconds.
October 12
Reading, reading, reading.
October 15
New discory for Z.
He went down the slide about 50 times.
He has having so much fun.
I still laugh every time. :)
We were all supper excited about making suns.
October 17
Playing at grandma's house.
We are obsessed with Jane's smile.
October 18
We brought the picnic table in from outside for preschool.
They thought it was pretty fun.
October 19
Playing in the backyard with dolls and pull toys.
October 22
Hiting up the library for more books for school.
Is this girl for reals?
October 23
Our neighbors have this fake cat on their porch.
The kids LOVE it.
On our way to the park they had to get up close and say "meow."
The sky was SO cool.
I loved the clouds.
Jane how old do you think you are?!!!
This is how I left Lee as I was walking out the door to YW.
He was supposed to be sleeping and not knowing what they were doing. Ha.
October 25
This was the best watercolor painting to date. He took
a long time on it and told me all the colors.
Playing at the school park at sunset waiting for dad to get home.
October 26
They found my high heels.
After the DMV we went to a park in Pleasanton.
It had a river the kids loved.
October 28
"Zac let me take a picture of you in your nice suit."
On the way to church, "shhhh baby one-six is sleeping."
October 29
A boy at the park shared his jeep.
Jane was just as happy on the trike.
I can't help but take pictures of her at Target.
She is in heaven.
2 comments:
So, cute. They are growing up so fast! I can't believe that I have not even met Jane yet. Someday.
I cannot get over how much Jane looks like Eli at that age. She is absolutely adorable and Zac looks like he's always having so much fun!
Post a Comment