I have to add in as we were leaving dinner someone asked, "Where did you guys go on vacation? Your kids are so tan!" We had a good laugh and said we were ON vacation. I think Zachary can be asked that question all year long with his olive skin.
| Hill Cumorah |
| Z folding his own Book of Mormon Page |
| Palmyra Temple |
The next morning we went to the Smith Farm. We all really enjoyed the tour here. The kids were awesome and loved the cabins. They were super good for the stories and testimony's given.
I'm sure the spirit would have been a little stronger without little kids, but my testimony of Joseph Smith was strengthened still. It is amazing to see and hear the stories (even those you already know) and know that it is true.
We wanted to let every one in our tour group get WAY a head before we went in the Sacred Grove. The kids LOVED the little stream right outside of it, and we played there for a long time. They loved watching the sticks go from one side to the other. That game always reminds me of Winnie the Pooh and "Poohsticks."
The Grove looked different from all the pictures you see full of leaves, but it totally made sense seeing how it was Spring. We did a small walk. And had to have a little laugh when Jane stopped to let her baby walk.
Our last church history stop was to the Whitmer farm where the church was formally organized. It was a quick trip, but again, a stop that was well worth taking!
2 comments:
My brother and I always played poohsticks! I love that you got asked where you went on vacation, too.
nice! i think we are making a stop there before our ragnar race in a couple weeks. fun to see it without all the leaves. love your cute family
Post a Comment