Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Summer 2013: Tumbling Class

Zachary did a little 9 week tumbling class during the summer. It was fun to watch him learn new ways to move his body around. He is pretty good with physical activity, but for some reason when I had tried to show him how to do a somersault he just did not get it. It took about a month of classes to do one all on his own, (and without using the ramp) but he did it! He was beyond happy about it. It was super cute when that night he showed Lee how he could do it, and Jane right after him did one! We had to laugh about it.

He loved that the class involved trampolines. Probably his two favorite parts of the class was doing the different things on the tramp and running obstacle course things (he liked to run by and give me thumbs ups). He also liked swinging on the rope.

It was nice to see him take directions from a teacher and to not have anyone that he knew in the class to have to "lean on". I also liked seeing how he reacted with doing new things. I loved watching him do everything because he was such a boy. No form, but was doing what he was asked.

Jane likes to still ask when we are driving if we are "going to Zachy's clas?". She liked coming and watching. But I think she mostly liked that she could watch whatever youtube videos she wanted without being bothered. :) 

Giving me thumbs up.


Red shirt climbing up the ladder on wall.
Video 1: Caught one of his first times doing the somersault on his own!

Video 2: I just love watching his skip running when he is just having fun.

Video 3: Tramp

2 comments:

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

This is so cute. It makes me want to go to a tumbling class. Haha!

Jenna said...

totally awesome gym! so fun...I really need to get carter in some sort of rec class. tough because a lot of them are on sundays out here :/