We just had to hit up another pumpkin patch before the season was over. The kids really enjoy going to
this one. Z could remember everything from last year. It was like Christmas morning when I told them where we were about to go. Lots of screaming done by both kids. I thought it was so funny. We went around 4:30 in the afternoon and it was still pretty hot!
The Saturday before Halloween the Zoo does a "Boo day." Everyone can come in costume and get snacks at different check points in the park. They also give out tickets for a free ride. The kids were excited to ride the train with Dad! Z also got to make a ghost out of Kleenex and seeds for the birds to eat. It was a fun activity. Pretty crowded, but with a pass we did not feel the pressure to see it all. (Just the way we like it!)
That night it was trunk-or-treat. The kids enjoyed getting a little precandy to Halloween. Jane went around once and decided that handing out candy (and eating some) was better then seeing some of the "spooky" decorated cars. I took Z around for round two. We alsoThey also enjoyed being with friends in the ward and also doing the cake walk most of the night (glad they were not sad about not winning one!).
Zac REALLY wanted Jane to be a firefighter with him. I thought it would be really cute too, but I couldn't find a friend with a jacket that we could borrow. I was glad he was okay with her being a ballerina. It was fun to dress her up girly. She is not really into princesses yet, so I thought this was a perfect girl dressup. She was cute telling us that she was going to be a "ballerina." It has also been fun to have the tu-tu to just play in.
| I love Jane's little bun. |
| Zac insisted that we got inside and get some pictures in the firetruck. I totally agreed...I mean we do have a firetruck and all. :) |
| Jane with her friend Alyse. Matching ballerinas. |
| While Z was at school and I was cleaning Jane thought it was fun to play with all my bracelets. |
I forgot we had this costume that would have fit Jane. We had to have some fun in it before Halloween was over. Jane LOVED it and didn't want to take it off. They both were laughing and laughing at the tail and the mane. Jane kept saying "roar." It was the cutest thing ever. I loved Zac's bedhead and Jane's eyes in this picture.
On Halloween Zac got to wear his costume to school which he thought was pretty cool.
That night we went out with our neighbor across the street. We went around the block with him to all the houses that Z told me everyday that he wanted to go to as we would do our daily walks. The kids were pretty cute saying "thank you." And Zac always wanted to add in "have a nice evening." Jane would talk so quiet that I'm sure they didn't hear her half the time. At houses that were "spooky" Zac would make sure Jaden went first to the door. (Such a nice friend.)
After doing our block we put the kids in the stoller to head over a few blocks to where the "real party"
is in our neighborhood. A guy worked for Disney and does crazy things every year. (Last year was a pirate theme...pictured below.) This year a flying saucer had crashed into his house. In the dark he has lights, noises, people walking around in uniform, and an alien thing popping up. It's pretty intense. Jane did not want to go through, but surprsingly Zac did. Lee said that the only thing Zac said to the guy passing out candy was, "Your house is awesome."
The entire street goes all out. Almost every house is fully decorated. Most of the people just sit outside because there is a constant flow of people. They have the street blocked off so cars can't drive down it. This night they even brought a firetruck to help with the flow of traffic. They were letting people take pictures on it, so we had to jump in for a family picture with our very own fireman!
We also stopped by a ward members house in the same area that had "the world of color" from Disney Land going in their front yard. It was pretty impressive with the water, colors, and music! People sure are creative!!
| 2013 A few days before Halloween |
| 2012 Pirate theme |
| World of Color. |
| Home enjoying the goods!! |
3 comments:
All of this is just too adorable. Your neighborhood is off the hook at Halloween! That's incredible!
Also, the lion and the ballerina are a pretty cute combo. I love that going to the pumpkin patch was as good as Christmas Morning! They have such great memories!
And traffic! I was dying!
Your kids are so cute!!
so awesome!
LOVE that he directed traffic - haha!
Jane's room looks cute (from what I see behind lion pics)
still loving her pigtails
and the arms are a very nice touch on the ghosts & pumpkins ;)
and I can't even imagine that many trickortreaters & excitement! I guess the neighborhoods around us have more of the junior high/high school aged kids or none - classy fall decor, but not big on the treating :(
Post a Comment