Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Everything School-September.

When buying our house I didn't realize just how much I would LOVE being so close to the school. We can walk there in less then 2 minutes, but if Jane is pushing the stroller it can be up to 10. :)
 
It was so refreshing to have Zachary start school. So nice for me to just get back to having two kids and being able to take care of Brooklyn's needs (feeding and naps) without feeling like Zachary was so bored. Jane tends to entertain herself a little better, so the mornings were easier.
 
After doing my two weeks for preschool I had Tuesday and Thursday mornings with just one kid with Jane now busy! Jane was so ready to start school and just started right away to soak up everything she was learning.
 
Most of these pictures are of us walking to pick up Zachary from school. At the beginning of school Brooklyn had just started to sit in the umbrella stroller.
We would have to get to the school early to make sure that Jane got hopscotch in.
There were lots of different ways we walked to school. Balance bike and tricycle were the most preferred. But some days Jane decided that she was going to wear Zac's old shoes and pull the little toy dog on a walk (Zac would do this), or take the shopping cart with a unicorn and park it at the bike racks was a favorite. :) These tended to be LONG walks over to the school. But with not being as busy, we had the time to do these things. And it made Jane happy. And I would laugh and send Lee pictures. I also enjoyed the day were she needed to wear her hat backwards like grandpa Cooper.
 
Every Wednesday they have Jamba Juices that you could buy for $2. I turned this into a reward system that the kids have to each earn 20 dimes to get one. There were some weeks that they didn't have enough, so they had to wait.
 
A homework folder comes home with Zac once a week. He actually really enjoys doing his homework and can do most of it on his own after I tell him the instructions.
I was amazed he could read all the colors on his own and was becoming really good at coloring with multiple colors.
 

Zachary was "star of the day." He had to bring in a page with pictures of his family and places he liked to go. His teacher laminates it and the kids can look at them during free time. 
 
 
It's nice when mornings are not rushed. Zac loves to make his own sandwich and saying yes makes one happy boy!


Showing off the chalk work he did with his 5th grade buddy.

Family picnic night at the school. Brookie's first time really sitting on grass. 

Jane's first field trip was actually one that I was in charge of. We meet at a park and ride the city bus around Springtown (the area we live). It is about a 15 minute ride. And it's fun because we ride past many of the kids houses--including ours! We get off at a stop about 2 blocks from the park we started. Then we play and enjoy a snack. We like to invite others who are not in the preschool for field trips. It's always fun to add more to our group!

Showing off some of her work from school. 
 
At snack time at Alyse's house the girls did "apple smiles." Jane loved it!
So during lunch that day she was showing me her "orange smile." I thought it was pretty cute!
 
"I wish we had one of these in our front yard so I could pick it." ...our grass might not be perfect, but unfortunately for Jane, we have a goal of no dandelions. I for sure did not let her "make a wish" over our grass. :)
 
Just parking her shopping cart. Yes, we left it there. :)
Wearing Zac's shoes.

 Picture day was a success! Such a handsome cute boy!
 
Lee and I loved going to back to school night. It was fun to learn more about what he would do that year. And it was super fun to just see some the art and work he had already done in the two weeks!



No comments: