Friday, June 13, 2008

Sisters together again


My sister, Caitlyn, came to visit us for a few days at the beginning of June. She graduated from “dear old Davis High,” did the all night party, and then caught a plane out to California the next day. We didn’t want to give her any rest, so as soon as she jumped off the plane we headed into the city. I had really wanted to scooter across the Golden Gate Bridge and thought this would be a great time to do it. This sounded like a perfect idea until we got up to the sign that had a picture of a “motorized” scooter, and best thought we should just walk. But I was really proud of us because we walked the entire bridge with the scooters in hand. I had only walked part of it, so I was excited that we did it all!! Then we did a little driving around and found Lombard street. I joined the million other people taking pictures…I had to laugh because I live here!

Sunday Cait helped with the Sunbeamers. It was a sad day for the class because Lee got a new calling in the Young Men’s, so they no longer have someone picking them up and down during singing time. And when we were going over who was missing for the day they all wanted to know where Brother Cooper was. I’m sure we will have to have a visitor every once in a while to bring back some of the fun!

Monday Cait and I headed to the beach. I have only gone to the beach once with Lee, so I was proud that I made it and we had ample time to hang out there. It was really nice weather. We got some sun, but the water was COLD!! Cait had her feet in it longer then I did.

Tuesday was an adventure. I decided to take Cait to a hiking place that I had never been. The place is called Sunol Canyon. We got a little lost trying to find the hiking trail that we wanted to do, so we just went on some Canyon View hike. It was nice, again, perfect weather. We just were just a little sad when the biggest waterfalls we saw were just little drips.

That night all three of us went to an A’s game. Lee’s company got some tickets for us. We jumped on BART (which had to stop for a while because an earthquake happened when we were riding on the train) and made it for the 5th and 6th innings. (In case you were wondering, baseball is not our favorite sport, but it is fun to watch some). We met up with friends from the area, and enjoyed some company.

Wednesday Cait and I headed into the city. I drove! I couldn’t believe it! I have only driven there once, on accident, and got so lost Lee had to come and save me. I messed up a little but I was glad that I only got honked at once. (I just get so scared driving there! No one is nice.) We walked along the pier. We had fun watching the crazy Sea Lions, visiting Alcatraz, and walking around the little shops. Later that afternoon Lee met up with us for some Ghirardelli chocolate. Yum.

Thursday morning we all headed off to Seattle for the birthday bash with grandpa!!

Thanks Cait for coming! It was a lot of fun. I hope that you want to come visit again sometime! Love you lots!

No comments: