I always find it a must to wipe down a place when you move into it. We just moved into our new apartment and everything looks all nice and clean until you start wiping down. For instance, the kitchen, we went through an entire thing of disinfectant wipes before I would even think about putting something in those cupboards! And the fridge needed everything cleaned again for me to feel good about eating food from in there.
Don’t get me wrong-our place looked GREAT. In fact we had just gotten new carpet, tile, and paint, so we were more then happy. But I just have this thing about knowing that it really was cleaned!!
This was definitely the easiest move that we have done so far. We were moving literally three speed bumps down the complex. This required no packing on our part. It was fill up the Tupperware containers and drop them off, fill up, drop off, etc.
Thursday night we did the entire kitchen. We cleaned out the new (noted above) and moved everything over and set up the place.
On Friday with the help of a wonderful mother-in-law and sister (Kenzie), Lee and I were able to get almost everything over there on Friday night. We even brought over the bed and set that up that night (not in the plans, but somehow we were moving fast)! And slept on clean sheets that night! It was great. Our bathroom was put together and our closet had clothes hanging. All we needed to move from the old place was the couches, entertainment center, dresser, and top of the table. We even had time that night to hit the local yogurt shop. We were very surprised we were able to do all this with just the four of us. I was of little help on the moving part because I can’t lift anything heavy. I had to just take things one at a time, but we managed.
Saturday we woke up. Moved the entire garage and finished cleaning the old place. Friends showed up just as we were done cleaning to move the big things, and we were done! Then it was pizza and swimming perfect for a 100 degree day! (We were sure glad we moved everything the day before!)
The place still has some organizing that needs to happen, but hopefully we can get some pictures up soon!
I do have to put in a special THANKS to Mom and Kenzie for doing SO much of the cleaning and moving! The management was so impressed with how nice we left our old apartment that they didn’t charge us for cleaning the carpets! We got 100% of our deposit back!! They kept telling us that they always take out for carpet cleaning! But when I talked with the guy he said that it was one of the cleanest apartments he has ever seen.
Guess it pays to clean!
2 comments:
Good work! I would expect no less out of you guys :)
Nicely done. And I'm glad you made yogurt a priority.
Don't worry that I fully expect to go all three days that I'll be there next month. :)
Oh. And I am SO, SO, SO excited for little Frank to come!
Post a Comment