Tuesday, September 27, 2011

coming up on 6 weeks

All I can say is that I'm glad every
baby that you have is not that same.
Now after having said that, I hope every
baby from now on is like Jane.

Zachary was a HARD newborn.
I think I tell Lee every night that I'm glad that one
of us is not having to sleep out on the couch.
We had to do that with Zac so one of us could get sleep.
He would not sleep!
I remember being up in the weee hours trying to bounce him
in the bouncy seat or on the yoga ball.
I do not miss those nights.
Oh, and the crying.
It was in my head all the time with him.
But even though he was a hard baby-
I have loved him as a toddler!
He has been SO fun.

On the other hand...
Jane has been a wonderful baby.
She sleeps.
And in her own bed.
With noise everywhere!
And her brother bugging her.
She struggled at the beginning to stay awake
even to eat.
I needed a newborn who slept!
(Mainly to have time to deal with Zac!)

Don't get me wrong, we know
she has a set of lungs and can do tears really well.
We are glad she takes a binky well. :)
At night she has really bad gas that can
get her going.
It is so sad, but luckily with enough pumping
of the legs and rolling around we can help her with it.
(Definitely something we lived through with Zac!)

Jane at one month started smiling.
I would just hold her and smile
and I would get smiles back.
It seemed like the day she turned a month
all of her newborn clothes started to be small.
She can still do the oneies, but we
have moved into the 0-3 clothes.

At 5 weeks we started size one diapers.
And has been staying awake a lot more.
Hours at a time.
The nights are still great.
Her last feeding is around 10 when we are getting ready
for bed and wakes up around 3 to eat.
And then it is usually around 6:30 (today 7)
when she wakes up.
To only wake up once for a 20-30 minute feeding
is so nice.

I joined her with a doctors appointment with Zac,
so she went in a week early.
But here are her stats at 2 and 4 weeks.

2 weeks: 21 1/2 in (90%) / 4 weeks: 22 1/8 in (77%)
2 weeks: 8 lbs 6 oz (50%) / 4 weeks: 10 lbs 6.5oz (85%)
2 weeks head: 14 in (37%) / 14 1/2 (41%)

I couldn't believe she gained two pounds in two weeks!
I felt like all she did was fall asleep while eating,
but she was for sure getting enough.

We sure love her.


Actually is content during some tummy time.


My YW girls made hats for Jane for YW
one week. They are so cute.




One month.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Great things to remember about Jane. So glad she sleeps so well! I can only hope I will be as lucky now that we are at the month mark too!