I am always surprised at how quickly I recover from a C-section (Just don't talk to me about it in the hospital-things are not very fun there!). I had Brooklyn on Tuesday and by the next Tuesday I felt good enough to tackle having three kids on my own. I was off medicine and eating normal. I was still slow moving, but I felt generally pretty good. By my two week mark I was back to almost normal. I could drive again and going on a walk to the park was refreshing. I was surprised that three kids was not killing me over! It was hard at times, but generally things were good.
The kids pretty much did not leave Brooklyn alone. They always wanted to check on her sleeping or hold her. For not doing much, she was the center of attention of us all.
I pretty much slept in the rocking chair. Not on purpose, I would just always fall asleep while feeding Brooke, and not wake up until hours later! This would happen every night. I was getting sleep, but the quality might be questioned. My neck and bum was always a little sore. But I. just. could. not. keep. them. open.!!! Ha.
We quickly found that Brooklyn did not really like to be swaddled. And she was not super good with the binky. She was a good sleeper during the day. And I never had her awake too much in the night. She was turning out to be a pretty good third child. :) And we were all were obsessed with her.
| A little tricky to get all four of us in a picture. But we did it! |
The kids played pretty well together for the most part. We were still getting over having a broken arm, so riding his big bike and jumping could not happen for another few weeks. I thought they were so cute hitting the ball back and forth to each other.
| New dress from Grandma Cooper! She pretty much loved it! |
| LOVE a sleeping baby! |
| First bath. Zachary insisted on being the photographer. Most of the pictures were really fuzzy. |
Taking turns pushing Brookie in the stroller. Thankfully she mostly slept through all the crazy driving that can happen. :)
| I love this picture..oh to be a kid again. No worries in the world. |
| SOOOO cute! |
| Best big brother! |
| She is kicking me! :) |
| It was sooo hot and Jane wore a long sleeve thermal to the park. On the way home she took it off. |
| Zachary let her wear his shirt. :) |
| Crazy things going on. I think dancing to frozen was in action. :) |
Jane did not care if Brooklyn was crying when she was holding her. She would just hold her tight and say "it's ok sweetie Jane has you." I don't think it was reassuring. :)
| Zac's right hand always pointed straight out when holding her. I loved it. |
| Naptime. Yay!! |
1 comment:
I love all the pictures. Zac's hand sticking straight out is hilarious, and so is Jane holding baby Brookie. And I love them riding tricycles without shirts.
Post a Comment